Monday, June 11, 2012

City Creek, Siegfrieds, Lagoon, Catan

This past weekend was just plain great. I went down to Salt Lake City to visit one of my bestest friends EVER! We have so much fun together. It's kind of ridiculous. I took the shuttle down Friday morning and got there around 1 o'clock. I called Amanda to let her know I was at the airport. She informs me that she just "accidentally" drove out of the airport but not to worry because she'll figure out how to get back to pick me up. Yeah, one minute into the trip and I already know it's going to be a good one.

Our first stop was Litzas. Sooo good. Thin crust pizza = amaaazing. We then headed off to City Creek. A trip can never be successful without some shopping. After lusting over beautiful outfits that I couldn't afford in J.Crew, I settled for one pair of pants from AE. One. Keep that in mind. As we were walking around City Creek, we found a Sephora. Looove Sephora. In Germany, we don't have a Sephora. We have to travel to France for that luxury. We go in, and I take advantage of all the samplers...as always. I even tried some bronzing lotion. Totally turned my finger brown. Not tan...brown. Legit freaking brown. "Well we have to fix this," I said. And off we went to Temple Square to find a bathroom. I wash my finger in the visitor's center and we just sit on the couch watching the missionaries walk by. They have the cutest clothes ever. No joke. Where do they even find these amazing skirts? And how do they find all these accessories and tops to go with them? That's what we were thinking about. We decided that we would refer a friend to them if they told us where they got their clothes. Which is what we did. And forgot to ask where they got their skirts. But, hey, we did a good thing!

After practically falling into the fountain and watching the most emotional 10 minute movie ever, we sat in front of the temple watching people go by. And a bird eat a goldfish. It took some motivation to get up again. So much walkiiing. We walk straight through City Creek and keep walking. We have no idea where we are going but if we turned around, we'd have to walk uphill. Gross. So we keep going. Guess what we found! Guess, guess, guess! I'll just tell you. Siegfrieds! A German restuarant/store. It had every german treat you can think of! Seriously, everything that I have my mother send me was in that store. We decided to eat there for dinner. Wienerschnitzel & Spatzle & Bratkartoffeln. Nom nom nom. Oh, and Mezzo Mix & Fanta. Legit german Fanta. None of this American grossness. I bought one for the Parkster and I bought myself a Chunky Kit-Kat. Ahhhh!

The next day, we woke up early to go to Lagoon! So fun. I went on my first free fall tower ever. I may have cried. As Amanda says..there were tears. I loved it though. I think it was my favorite ride at the park. Oh, but there was also the sky ride. We rode that eight times. Wanna know why? Zoren. He was the most gorgeous worker there and he helped you get on this lovely ride. Ohhhhhhh, so cute. We had problems getting on the ride though. It doesn't stop and Amanda kept falling into the ride. The worker at one end laughed. Thank goodness it wasn't this Zoren fellow.

That night we went out to dinner with Amanda's grandparents. It was so yummy. For dessert, I had a soft serve vanilla ice cream cone. No joke, my favorite thing in the world is soft serve vanilla ice cream. I'm easy to please. We played two games of Catan that night. It's pretty much our game. I have yet to "win" though. Mid-game her grandma looks at me and says, "Emily! I bought something for you at the DI! I just saw it and thought of you!" And she runs off to go get it. It was a Thomas Train named Emily. "It's for you to mark your property." Hahahaha, I love her. She's the best grandma EVER! I love it. It's now sitting on my desk in my room :)

Sunday just consisted of church and waffles. What else is new?

I came home Sunday night. I slept for the whole shuttle ride...almost. My phone had a vibrating fit of texts. It's okay though. I got back to campus and decided to drop off the Fanta to Parker's apartment. So glad I did. He had dinner :) I was worried for the first bite. He was too eager for me to try this food. That doesn't usually happen.
"Did you try it yet? Did you?" -Parker
"Not yet. What did you do to it?" -Me
"Nothing! I cooked. You like my cooking don't you? Eat it! Eat it!" -Parker
I took my first bite. Tasted edible. It was good.
"It's good, Parks. You had me scared." -Me
"Well that's no normal meat." -Parker
"What is this?! Crocodile?! Snake?! Buffalo?!" -Me
"That's four year old deer meat." -Parker
"Are you insaaane?!" -Me
"Relax. It was frozen." -Parker

Now it's Monday and I'm perfectly healthy. No food poisoning or abnormal disease. Awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover