Thursday, September 20, 2012

On the Corner of Bedford & Grove

Everyone has their show. The show they watch religiously. They're addicted. They watch it when they're sick, doing homework, or need background noise. The show they don't even need to give 100% of their attention to because they can already quote every episode. At least that's how it is for me. My show? No question about it, it's Friends.

I've been watching Friends a lot since I've been back from the States. Television here just isn't good and my parents haven't bought any good movies lately. Default solution: Friends. Even though I've watched these episodes ten or more times before, I still laugh. Oh, and I get more of the jokes now. Seriously, every time I watch an episode and I finally get a joke, I feel a tad bit smarter...even if they are dirty jokes, teehee.

Friends has been my show since sixth grade. No joke. Probably not a good thing for an eleven year old to be watching but it was love at first sight (literally). People say you shouldn't let kids watch these shows at such an impressionable age. But, honestly, does that really have an effect on anything? Let's analyze this.

My favorite character was Rachel. Who doesn't love Rachel? If you just answered with "Me," go away because this is about to get intense. Rachel: daddy's girl, worked in a coffee shop, horrible at sports, shopping addiction, easy going, can't manage money, can't do eyedrops, has problems with birds flying in her window, can't cook, searches endlessly for the Christmas presents, personal shopper, a pushover, spontaneous, queen of gossip, witchy (with a b) in high school, clueless at times, can't make decisions, pulls pranks, sucks at lying, falls for a nerd, gets pregnant, doesn't marry him, plans to move to the other side of the world, changes plans last minute, runs back to New York (because, after all, New York is where she is happiest).

Hmm, yeah. My kids will be watching Baby Einstein, Sesame Street, the Food Network, Myth Busters, the History Channel & the Discovery Channel. I'll introduce them to the goodness that is Friends when they are old. Like 60.


Oh, but look what I found! AH, I love this.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover