Sunday, April 14, 2013

Holland!

This weekend, my mom and I went on a trip..to Holland! We started our day at 1 in the morning. Well...my mom started her day at 1 in the morning. I just never went to bed. It took seven hours to get to the place where we had breakfast. It was a small cheese farm called Clara Maria's. They served us bread, eggs and cheese all from their farm. After eating, we watched two demonstrations. The first was on how to make cheese, which was pretty smelly but SO good. Also, I don't know why but the song "Thrift Shop" was stuck in my head all day. The lady giving the demonstration told us how much the cheese sells for and all I could think was "but I only got 20 dollahs in my pockeeet." Nice, right? The second was on how to make wooden shoes. The guy teaching us was so funny. He asked the group to guess what kind of wood is used to make wooden shoes. He gave us a hint saying that the name of the tree started with a 'P'. Someone in the group yelled out, "Oak!" The guy just looks at the group and says, "Yeah, oak...Americans," and shakes his head laughing. There was time to shop afterwards and we bought seven cheeses! Seven! I normally don't like cheese (unless it's on pizza) but this was soo good! It's gouda & goudas my favorite. Name that movie!

After Clara Maria's, the group headed to the Keukenhof Gardens. It really is a nice little park. It would have been even better if all the flowers had bloomed before we got there but it was still a nice place. There were waterfalls, windmills and waffels. Yes, waffles. I love waffles. Anyway, I took a bunch of pictures on this trip and I thought I'd post a few (or a bit more than a few). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover