Friday, March 15, 2013

The Post that Took a Week to Write

We have gone to quite a few Easter Egg Markets (well, my mom has...I've gone to one) and I am so amazed by all of the different ways there are to decorate eggs. So amazed. I'll have to post pictures of some soon! We bought really pretty ones. One is all carved out and another is decorated with little lady bugs. So cuuute!


Evening walks are now enjoyable! It's been months since Germany has seen the sun and it's finally making an appearance again! I don't think anybody understands how much I've missed this ball of fire. With the days getting longer and warmer, we have been able to go to different places for our walks. Last weekend we went to the Landstuhl castle. We had fun. Minus the mud.



My dad went through a lot of his things before heading off to Florida. Underneath a bunch of old papers, he found two letters that I wrote at different times. Both were to the tooth fairy and both showed my complete determination to figure out whether the tooth fairy really existed or not. These two letters go with a third that my mom had in her drawer.

The first says:
Dear Tooth Fairy,
I'm sorry I lost my tooth this morning. Do I still get anything?
Like crayons?

The second says:
Tooth Fairy-
I lost my tooth again. Can you bring me notebooks, crayons, pencils and pencil sharpeners?
And write on the back of this note otherwise I don't believe in you.

The third says:
Dear Tooth Fairy,
Leave fifty dollars under my pillow tonight or I won't believe in you anymore.
I know my parents don't have fifty dollars to fork over to me so if I get it, I'll know it's you.

Obviously I had the concept of ultimatums down. I believe I got five dollars with that third note. I was happy with that. Five dollars is like fifty when you're seven.



I am officially registered for Spring semester classes! I'm pretty proud over how my schedule turned out. First of all, I was able to get into a few psych classes before they filled up. And, secondly, look at the shape! I thought that was pretty cool. It wasn't on purpose, I promise.



My mom and I started decorating the tree outside for Easter. This is a normal thing in Germany. We're not weird, kay? My mom and I are planning on buying more eggs later this week. Colorful ones, of course. This is actually my favorite tree in the backyard. I had never seen any like it until moving here. It looks like it was planted upside down!


I feel like I should just live at the Landstuhl Hospital for the next week. I've had so many appointments there already over the past week and I only have more to come this following week. I am thankful that I am not having more serious work done though. I pass the signs on my way through the hospital that say "Neurosurgery" "MRI" "Nuclear Medicine" "Labor & Delivery." So really, I should be thankful that I am just returning over and over again for minor things but it's still a pain. One that they aren't helping.


My dad's cat, George, is a freaking psycho. I'm supposed to keep him in line while Papa Bear is away but it's close to impossible! H&M is now using bags with David Beckham on the front and it's beautiful, but that's not the point. The point is that I heard a crinkling noise in my room and I walk in to find George carrying around David. It's like they were just taking a lovely passeggiata through my room. George has also learned how to open my drawers. He now finds my hidden chocolate and drops it on the floor. Then the dogs get it and I'm pretty sure that's not okay. Most recently, George destroyed the bathroom. We woke up to a huge mess. We cleaned it up and he did it again. You can't win.



This post took a week to complete. I don't even know why, either. It's just been pulled up in a tab and I've been writing on it whenever I get bored. A lot is different now from the beginning of the post though. I feel you should all be aware that there are now six inches of snow on the ground, schools had early release and stores shut down. Also, my class schedule is a bit different now but it's still in the shape of a pyramid/temple/taylor building so no worries there. And, Papa Bear, if you're reading this, come home now. Pleaaaaase :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover