Monday, July 01, 2013

It's Canada Day

Yup, it is. I usually don't care much about these types of things, you know, considering I'm not Canadian but I have a Canadian roommate who won't let us forget what day it is. I guess I'll be supportive of it. Canada is probably a nice place. I hope to see it one day during my worldly travels.

It's kind of a lazy day. You can tell by the fact that I'm wearing old jeans and a t-shirt that I usually just sleep in (don't worry, it's clean). My hair is pulled back, which doesn't happen often. I used to tell people that having my hair pulled back was a sign of a rough day. Today isn't a rough day though. It's just a day that I'm not caring much about. It's super hot outside and the heat is draining all energy from my body. Literally. I'm wearing a perfume that reminds me of an old friend. Is that weird? We fell in love with the scent of this perfume and we both bought it. It reminds me of easier days. Days were I felt  grown up but really wasn't. You know...those days where you acted like you were an adult but really you relied on your parents and friends more than ever. I miss those days. The days where I felt independent but was actually very much dependent. I like how parents play along in that stage of life though. They let you think you're making your own choices but they were always there to catch you when you fell. They really called all the shots. I miss the safety net.

I don't like being in charge of my life. I don't like having to make hard decisions and being accountable for the outcomes. There's no safety net here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover