Thursday, February 23, 2012

Your Voice Was the Soundtrack of My Summer

"Music is a total constant. That's why we have such a strong visceral connection to it, you know? Because a song can take you back instantly to a moment, or a place, or even a person. No matter what else has changed in your or the world, that one song says the same, just like that moment.”
― Sarah DessenJust Listen


I recently read somewhere that everybody has a soundtrack to their life, some just don't care enough to acknowledge it. This got me thinking...what songs would be included on the soundtrack to my life?

I've always loved music. I love how some songs can bring you back to a specific moment in time within the first few seconds of being played. Songs that have this effect on me? See below.

Best Days - Graham Colton 
Everybody - Ingrid Michaelson
All About Us - He Is We
Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - Coldplay
Send Me On My Way - Rusted Root
Give A Little - Hanson
Here's To The Night - Eve 6
Let It Rock - Kevin Rudolf
Last Friday Night - Katy Perry
Under Pressure - Queen
Here In Your Arms - Hellogoodbye
Who Knew - Pink
Christmas Lights - Coldplay

These aren't my favorite songs by any means BUT every time any one of these songs is played, I think of a certain person, time or event. Some I love, some I hate. But there's a connection to each one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover