Friday, February 24, 2012

I Was Made For Sunny Days

In exactly 12 hours I will be heading out the front door and getting in the car to make the trip to the Frankfurt airport. Why? Because I'm going to Flooorida! So long muddy, cold Germanland!

I'm so excited but I must say the packing for this trip was horrible. I never know what to bring anywhere. I wish I could somehow express mail my closet everywhere I go without charge. I would even settle for being able to pack my suitcase full and not have to worry about the weight limit. So much for that.

I was going to name this post, "Florida Round 2!" but after thinking about it, I realized this is more like Florida round 7. See I used to go to Florida with my parents when I was really little every winter. Then I got antsy in the car and they waited until I was 7 years old to start going again. I remember that trip. It was my first time on a plane and I was scared that landing was going to be like a rollercoaster ride...nose dive! For once, I was glad to be proven wrong.

My last trip to Florida as a child occured when I was 8 years old. I remember going to the pool allll day. My mom told me that we had to re-apply my sunscreen every three hours. Turns out we were meant to apply it every 30 minutes. Since then she has gotten glasses. That trip was horrible after that day. Where I didn't have freckles on my face, I had blisters. So painful. I remember telling my grandma, "I never want to come to Florida again...It hurts!"

And I didn't. Until last year. It was a great trip last year! I learned how to fish...that's right. Drivers license? Non-existant. Fishing license? Yeah, I got that. I loved fishing with the dolphins swimming right next to me and seeing the manatees poking their heads up. I liked going out on the boat everyday and going to some random island. Overall, great time.

My Goals for this Trip:
Don't mistake tanning oil for sunscreen
Get color..but not red
See an alligator
Don't fall off the dock
Don't try to walk from an island to the shore
Don't step on a stingray
Don't let my hat fly off while on the boat
See a dolphin
Don't try to run from a dolphin in the water
Have an amazing time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover